Orbital Knight sp. z o.o.
Experience fast action, thrilling levels, spectacular explosions and lots of pew-pew-pew. Star Horizon is a reboot for the on-rails space shooter genre. A struggle between the Inter Galactic Corporation (a.k.a The Federation), which controls the entire galaxy, and the Rebels continues. You assume the role of John, a simple private space-pilot in the service of the Federation. Well.. the word “pilot” might be an overstatement. John’s ship AI – which he calls “Ellie” - takes almost all control of the ship. The space battles are coordinated by Motherships and “pilots” serve the mere role of the shooters (as the AI can’t ‘kill’). IGC is about to turn the tide of the war but an accident happens. Your Mothership is blown up into pieces which makes Ellie go crazy. It puts John into hibernation and wakes him up several years later in a completely different setting. What really happened? What is the AI up to? Will the two - John and Ellie - change the fate of the Universe?
Star Horizon is our first game. We decided to do an on-rails shooter, because the twin-virtual-stick controls of most action games on mobile suck. We wanted the player to be engaged in the action, not figuring out which way is up. In the end - we feel like we reached that goal. The action is intense and the game is pure fun.
- Immersive action – engage in fast paced, immersive space battles.
- Upgrade your ship – buy upgrades and finish your enemies in multiple, fun ways.
- Fun story - experience a mature story of a man and his AI spiced up with absurd and dark humour.
- Choices & consequences – make quick decisions – do you help your friends but fail your mission? Do you aid a space merchant and engage in a fight? Consequences of your choices alter the flow of the story.
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Best Mobile Game nominee @ Game Connection Paris " Star Horizon, 2013
- "Top 5 in Indie Basement 2.0 awards" Star Horizon, 2014
- "Star Horizon stands on its own as a title that is well worth playing. The visual splendor alone would be more than enough to justify the purchase"
- Blake Grundman, 148 Apps
- "Star Horizon is a fiery and fitting tribute the likes of Afterburner and Starfox"
- Alex Beech, App Spy
- "Star Horizon is a slick pulse-raising arcade shooter that evokes many of the best sci-fi space battles in recent cinematic and TV history."
- John Mundy, Pocket Gamer
- "Star Horizon is a an amazing ride that takes you back to classic arcade shooters like Starfox."
- Kate, Apps Rumors
Request Press Copy
Please send us a quick email and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
About Orbital Knight
Orbital Knight is a Polish independent game studio, focused on making high quality mobile games.
More information on Orbital Knight, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Star Horizon Credits
Project Lead, Lead Programmer
Artist, Sounds and Music
Aditional Sounds and Music